Friday, June 16, 2017

Syukur, alhamdulillah

Related image

It has been awhile, hey everyone! Assalammualaikum.

Apparently as all of you know, I currently am undergoing my internship with Media Prima, specifically at the News & Current Affairs Department; NTV7 / 7Edition. Which pretty much explains why I got caught up with the preps, work and stuffs till I neglected my blog for so long. But I'm back now hello! I will try to write as much as I can when I have the chance to, insyaAllah.

Alhamdulillah one of my dreams actually came true. I have wanted to be in Media Prima since God knows when. It was an overwhelm fact that I finally got in. Imagine what I felt throughout the acceptance. It feels still surreal even the moment I'm in the meeting room, signing up the paperwork.

Alhamdulillah if you are asking how am I doing so far, I must say I am doing quite great I surprise myself! Hehe exaggerating. I'm the type of person who works as hard as I can no matter what department I am in anyway so that doesn't really count, no?

Truth to be told, I don't favor News & Current Affair. Previously yeah. In fact, I hated news department. I have always thought that news is boring and I rarely even watch them. I mean what's the point of it? The world is a mess and the least we can do is to witness the mess. That was what I thought, no kidding. So to work in that department? My God. I'd rather give up on my dream! Aha to that extent.

I was actually still hesitating when I was signing the paperwork of my internship. I still thought that I'm doomed. How can I work if I'm not literally enjoying what I do? How can I work when I'm into something totally the opposite of news? How can I even survive? That's the most important dilemma I had in my mind that time.

Alhamdulillah, I was approached quite friendly from all the seniors. Specifically, Sabrina. She is a producer at the same time a newsreader for 7Edition and she's the same age as me! Look at where she is right now, my God!

We talked a lot for such a short period of time and I was already convinced by whatever she said. I mean it's not easy to change my opinion. She did like she has known me forever, it's fascinating.

Most probably because we're the same age but higher chance is because she is experienced and I respect her for that. She opened my mind and eyes definitely. Hearing her admit that News & Current Affair is the best foundation of all in this broadcasting field is priceless.

And I was hit by the fact that I'm so lucky yet I complained so much. I was lucky enough to be accepted in Media Prima yet I complained about the department I was assigned. I was lucky enough to get in without much of a hassle yet I complained about how unfair they don't place me where I wanted. I mean hello, Mieza? Things are bound to happen the way they are. There are obviously reasons why. Okay, got it now!

Alhamdulillah for everything. Now I'm on the news quite regularly already as early as my second day. All is well. I'm still learning, of course. But I'm already loving what I'm doing and that's the most important thing of all. Alhamdulillah.

Now guys, I have to leave. Be back soon! Good day ahead.

Regards,
MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment